1 September 2012,
Comments Comments Off on ChemDoodle 5 Beta Testing
We are pleased to announce that ChemDoodle 5 is almost ready. In September, we will begin beta testing. Beta testing helps us ensure the quality of the release build and also gives you a chance to make sure the software works the way you want it to. We encourage you to sign up for beta testing here (only customers may participate in the beta).
ChemDoodle 5 includes significant new features and improvements, including:
1. Round-trip editing on Windows via OLE. (Round-trip editing is already provided on Mac OS X)
2. Round-trip editing on Linux!
3. A revamped shape system for much easier and more precise manipulation of shapes, especially in crowded figures. Also a new quick colors button to now quickly change colors of objects.
4. Bezier curves for complex shapes and mechanisms.
5. Fragmentation tools.
6. More functions for handling chemical data on the clipboard.
7. File chooser previews.
8. 77 new glassware templates!
9. Hundreds of other features and improvements.
We hope you have enjoyed ChemDoodle and we look forward to continue to bring you the best chemical publishing software. ChemDoodle has a growing userbase and is used by thousands of institutions in over 70 countries. Of course, we could not have gone this far without the support of great individuals such as yourself. Please continue to help us spread the word and improve ChemDoodle by telling your friends, colleagues and students about us.