We are pleased to announce that ChemDoodle 3D v3 is available. Included are significant new features and improvements (details below).
At iChemLabs, we will continue to improve ChemDoodle 3D and our other software and work on all of the requests we have received. Users like you help us make the best software in the sciences and inspire us to continue. So please keep telling your students, friends and colleagues about ChemDoodle and ChemDoodle 3D. Thank you!
New features in ChemDoodle 3D v3:
- Faster and more advanced shaders for the most realistic graphics or captivating cartoon rendering. There are now 6 shaders to choose from.
- Fully customizable and dynamic real-time shadow rendering.
- Molecules can now be built using intuitive tools and a continuous running optimization (using the new Minimizer widget) to allow you to build accurate models and the specific conformations you desire. It is a lot of fun to physically interact with the structures you build!
- New bond types, more aromatic ring representations, more cheminformatics functions.
- Distances can now be measured between any combination of bond centers and atoms; previously only atoms were allowed. Visual specifications for all shapes can now be independently edited.
- Fully customizable surfaces can now be built for selections of atoms.
- Selector tools have been added, and you can now select objects by lasso and rectangular marquee.
- Our interface engine is now fully implemented including drawing toolbars, widgets, autosaving, workspace control and more.
- Style sheets (and scene settings files) can now be created, saved and loaded.
- Quaternions can now be used for all rotations, instead of just X-Y axis rotation.
- Full support for the new RCSB Macromolecular Transmission Format.
- A more advanced copy and paste system.
- After effects are new multipass shader options that provide additional graphical effects. Blurring and outlining are currently available.
- Outlines are now rendered for highlighted and selected objects.
- Model settings in the Visuals panel in Preferences are now organized by model type.
- A new Custom Element Color Set. Color choosers have been upgraded and now affect graphics in real time. Improved MacOS look and feel.
- Added the last of the new element names recommended by IUPAC. Added more published van der Waals values.
- Polishing, new icons, and performance improvements affecting just about every aspect of the product, from picking to animations to rendering and saving images.