A minor update for the ChemDoodle Web Components has been released, version 5.2.2. This update fixes some issues, and most notably stabilizes our WebGL text system. We have updated a few of our demos to show off this feature:
This minor update provides some improvements and bug fixes.
- The compass in WebGL scenes will now display labels for the axes.
- Added an option for back face culling in WebGL scenes, which improves performance. This is enabled by default.
- Updated jQuery mousewheel to fix Firefox behavior.
- JSONInterpreter now handles bond orders of 0.
- Lone pairs and radicals will now better space themselves around atom geometries with evenly distributed bonds.
- Fixed issue where text would not render in WebGL scenes in Safari.
- Fixed bug where some elements would not show labels in WebGL scenes when turned on.
- Moved VisualSpecifications.getFontString() to ChemDoodle.extensions.getFontString().
- Mobile support is now enabled only for supported mobile OSs. This also avoids the issue where the mobile controls overrode the keyboard and mouse controls on hybrid PCs.
- Double click no longer centers in the Full Sketcher, which was very sensitive.
- Fixed Full Sketcher issue where starting carbon atoms could be created on top of each other.