We are pleased to introduce version 11.6 of our ChemDoodle 2D software. This update is free for all ChemDoodle subscribers, Lifetime and Site licenses. Licenses are as little as $15, and we have a free trial available at: https://www.chemdoodle.com/
Define complex stereochemical systems using the enhanced stereochemistry features in ChemDoodle.
Executive SummaryChemDoodle 2D v11.6 is a feature update. Of significant interest is the ability to define, edit, input and output enhanced stereochemistry definitions to a handful of compatible file formats. Windows users should also consider this update, as we have rebuilt our OLE server, which is now without any known issues, and fixed filetype associations for 64 bit registry systems. Additionally, you may now recover SKC data embedded in Microsoft Office documents on all operating systems.
- Enhanced Stereochemistry. You may now define enhanced stereochemistry for chemical structures, using or and & modifiers. All stereocenters are absolute (abs) by default. Groupings will be automatically determined via incrementation, but you may also manually define group numbers for more advanced stereochemistry queries. Enhanced stereochmistry definitions are read and written from ChemDoodle Documents, ChemDoodle JSON, ChemDraw files, ChemAxon Marvin Documents and MDL CT files (limited in v2000, full support in v3000). Please see section 13.17.6 of the ChemDoodle User Guide for more information.
- The ChemDoodle OLE server has been rewritten and is now vastly improved. All known issues we have been able to reproduce have been resolved. Copying very large images into MS Office now works without issue. Resolved problems when cancelling OLE edit changes in ChemDoodle. Printing issues should no longer occur. A new x64 build is now provided. Improved efficiency.
- MS Office extraction will now recognize and recover embedded SKC data. This is data pasted in from BIOVIA Draw (formerly known as ISIS/Sketch, Symyx Draw and Accelrys Draw).
- Updated OPSIN to version 2.5.
- Updated Batik to version 1.14.
- File type associations on Windows are again properly handled (handling 64 bit registry edits).
- Corrected the handling of custom MOL2 records on file input.
- Resolved issue where SVG embedding in ChemDoodle Documents would be corrupted on rare occasions on Windows.
- Prevented file load error when a corrupted image is encountered on reading a ChemDoodle Document. Now, the rest of the file will be read in, and the corrupted image will be shown in the document with an error display.