We are pleased to introduce version 6.6.1 of our ChemDoodle 3D software. This update is free for all ChemDoodle subscriptions, Lifetime and Site licenses. Licenses are as little as $18, and we have a free trial available at: https://www.chemdoodle.com/3d
Executive SummaryChemDoodle 3D v6.6.1 is a maintenance update fixing a handful of issues. This update is recommended for all users.
- Improved torsion and inversion force calculations for more efficient modeling.
- Some users experienced application hanging on macOS when accessibility features or 3rd party applications using macOS accessibility APIs are enabled. This update stops the hanging and allows the software to continue to function. There will still be an issue with the file chooser, as that is a compatibility issue on the Java side that we cannot control. But in ChemDoodle 2D and 3D, you may switch to the non-native file chooser which will not be affected if you wish to use such accessibility software and ChemDoodle 3D at the same time. Do this by going into Preferences for the ChemDoodle 3D application, selecting the Files tab, and then unchecking “Use Native Filechooser” in the Filechooser settings. Then restart the ChemDoodle 3D application.
- Corrected an issue for CIF files to adjust the fractional coordinates of unit cell atom definitions to be within the unit cell if not (not the transformed fractional atoms, but the original input).
- LabArchives posting has been fixed.
- Linux KDE URL launches are not functional with Java, so we included a workaround to launch URLs when running ChemDoodle 3D on Linux with KDE.